- Many who join GEA activities on other days, have long
since abandoned the Cellar for a variety of other Friday
- The concept of a singular GEA Stammtisch in the cellar,
as core of the GEA, is for many, obsolete.
- Most things are co-ordinated now by Mail lists
Group (All Year, Indoors, roving venues in
- Meet every Friday of the
year, always somewhere different, Beer Gardens when
weather permits, Restaurants/ Bars when not, all year.
Aims for younger, more lively people, English speaking.
Weekly venues by Mail List
- Pretty much dead now, just a remnant in part
symbiotic, part exploited by parasitic DMF+GEIST, also in decline.
- GEA used to suggest people first drop by the cellar
Stammtisch, hear what was on next week, & choose
events to go to. That's obsolete for various
- Newcomers who first visited cellar over years too
often emailed they got a worse impression, than they
would have, had they first attended other GEA
- Many younger first timers wrote, saying the cellar
was not attractive, so they wouldn't try other
- Many now believe its better to first go to other GEA
events, make some friends there, then perhaps try the
- Individual opinions differ.
- A remainder still meet in the cellar, even on a
beautiful summer's evening.
- Approx. 21:00 to 23:00.
- More German speaking than it used to be.
- Tends to be older people,
- Intermittently can be venue of inter & intra club
factional stress & new member poaching: talk to
people in different groups in different parts of the
cellar, to ensure you don't get nobbled by any one group
or faction ;-)
- Various groups & individuals have split from GEA
&/or Friday fixed Stammtisch. Some visit multiple
venues each Friday.
- GEA abandoned cellar, then returned to uneasily
cohabit with splinter group DMF/GEIST.
- Some in returning GEA remainder, hijacked GEA
information outlets & spread propaganda to stage a
revolt, even some of the revolters since go to other
last Friday of each month, (started July 2001) Ristorante
Grappa Brenner, Bahnhof-strasse, Gräfelfing Catherine
(even weeks ) (Not on Friday I think, but convenient
to list it on the Stammtisch section, most others of
which are Fridays).
With Manfred H.
8700 / 0171 976 8310 or Ewan at 'Schinken-Peter',
Perlacher Str. 53. Also Helgard O.
1st Tuesday in month at Augustiner Wörthsee in
Steinebach Evelyn Endler
08143.998682 (@ Aug 2001)
Cellar Map etc
NEW VENUE: Before November 2008
GEA is back in Arnulf Str 10 cellar (Rechthaler Hof (Pils Pub
Sowiso, Ex Ex. Spaten Brau Hallen) PLZ=80335,
), Go have a beer, ask some if they'll stay, & why they
left: before the end of the story you'll be dry & need
another beer. Cheers !
NEW VENUE: August 2008
GEA Fixed Stammtisch : Change Of Venue: They've moved, &
may again, Check the
for latest. At 29th Aug 2008 & for all of
Hungaria Gulasch Express Sonnen- Str 25 http://www.hungariagulaschexpress.de
OLD VENUE: The all year fixed venue, "Summer In The
Each Friday ~21:00 to ~23:00
, Arnulf Str. 10, Munich (Muenchen), Germany.
Opposite (North of) the Starnberger wing of the main
railway station (Haupt-bahnhof).
Draught: Spaten Helles and Erdinger Weißbier.
(We moved back here 4th Sept 1998 after a couple of years at
the Altes Kreuz).
Meet friends over a beer there, but eating there is not
reccomended, or usual among GEA regulars. The Beer garden
group is just the most regular of several other more
occasional groups that eat elsewhere first, before going on
to the Stammtisch for a drink.
( * `Stammtisch' translates from German as "Regular
(Drinking) Table", but in our case, not really just a Table,
we have taken over most of a whole bar each Friday night, for