If you want some free advice on some technical issue, best
meet over a coffee/ beer at one of the various tech &
social events I organise & attend, some linked at http://www.berklix.org
probably easiest if you join me Here Most Weeks
unfortunately I dont often have free time to give advice,
(unless you want paid Computer
- ENGLISH is my native language. I am British.
Deutsch: Ich spreche und schreibe Deutsch für
Please Do Not Contact Me In German
unless you will Pay me or my
company or associates for computer consultancy.
- I am fluent enough in German, but I get over
- I am Not an enthusiastic linguist.
- English is the language of my international computer
- Many problems discussed in German are also
international problems, often already solved elsewhere.
First check international mail list archives in English,
before restricting your knowledge pool to German
- With German tech. friends I often speak a 50/50 mix
of English & German, as we are often both fluent
enough in both languages.
- Francais: Oui, Je comprend Francais (pas trop bien
maintenant, malheuresement), mais je ne l'ecris pas, (ou
parlez beacoup normalement) - je nai pas la vitesse, les mots
a souvene, mais c'est plus facile a lesez.
Commercial Computer Consultancy For Businesses
- Do not send me invitations to link via 3rd party web sites eg
Facebook Linkedin Twitter
etc. - My spam filter dumps such junk unseen.
- I will cross link direct to _You_,
but Not via monopoly web sites such as facebook,
detail & contacts behind a requirement to subscribe.
- My business contacts links will be here - later.
- Do not send me greeting cards on web sites, or in flash, My spam filter dumps such junk unseen.
- I support retaining information on the Public Open Internet, by not delivering Internet info into the hands of monopolists.
- I avoid sites by eg Facebook Linkedin Twitter Run by would-be monopolists, trying to grab your
& my readership, attention & fees & advertising
revenue & circle of contacts, & trying to lock us
into their private subset of the Internet.
I don't want & won't use
- Inane short tweets (as crippled as multiple
- Pictures of immature adults being sick at
- To follow pop stars, VIPs &
- Lack of data security (I read first half of a
Big heavy tech report on Facebook),
- To give personal data to American corporations
that obsess pontificating on ethics, but have
little ethics, & are outside
- Web sites that force me to be online just to read or reply to mail.
- Web sites that force me to be hostage to proprietary software that I
don't control, don't trust, different for each company,
upgraded to new version Not when it suits me & not when I
have time to learn, just upgraded when it suits them ! ...
Their software that would control & constrain how & if I
read, reply, encrypt (Hah, As If!) & Secure (HAH! Even
bigger joke!) My personal data & contact lists that they
want to access to harvest & traffic analyse.