If you want some free advice on some technical issue, best
meet over a coffee/ beer at one of the various tech &
social events I organise & attend, some linked at http://www.berklix.org
probably easiest if you join me Here Most Weeks
unfortunately I don't often have free time to give advice,
(unless you want paid Computer
- ENGLISH is my native language. I am British.
Deutsch: Ich spreche und schreibe Deutsch für
Please Do Not Contact Me In German
unless you will Pay me or my
company or associates for computer consultancy.
- I am fluent enough in German, but I get over
- I am Not an enthusiastic linguist.
- English is the language of my international computer
- Many problems discussed in German are also
international problems, often already solved elsewhere.
First check international mail list archives in English,
before restricting your knowledge pool to German
- With German tech. friends I often speak a 50/50 mix
of English & German, as we are often both fluent
enough in both languages.
- Francais: Oui, Je comprend Francais (pas trop bien
maintenant, malheuresement), mais je ne l'ecris pas, (ou
parlez beaucoup normalement) - je nai pas la vitesse, les
mots a souvene, mais c'est plus facile a lesez.
Commercial Computer Consultancy For Businesses
- Do not send me invitations to link via 3rd party web
sites eg Facebook Linkedin
Twitter etc. - My spam filter dumps such junk
- I will happily cross link direct to _You_ if you mail me
a URL (web ref.) to a useful Public page, but I will either
not even see (filtered as spam), or will silently discard, or
will refuse to link to any monopoly web sites such as
facebook, that hide detail & contacts behind a
requirement to subscribe. -
I support not only Free
Open Source but also an Open Internet, it's damnable to
let commercial companies carve it the Free Open Internet to
private locked out fiefdoms.
- Business contacts links may be
here - later.
- Do not send me
greeting cards on web sites, or in flash, My spam filter
dumps such junk unseen.
- I support retaining information on the Public Open
Internet, by not delivering Internet info into the hands of
- I avoid sites by eg Facebook Linkedin Twitter Run by
would-be monopolists, trying to grab your & my
readership, attention & fees & advertising revenue
& circle of contacts, & trying to lock us into their
private subset of the Internet.
I don't want & won't use :
- Inane short tweets (as crippled as multiple
- Pictures of immature adults being sick at
- To follow pop stars, VIPs & politicians,
- Lack of data security (I read first half of a Big
heavy tech report on Facebook),
- To give personal data to American corporations that
obsess pontificating on ethics, but have little ethics,
& are outside European law.
- Web sites that force me to be online just to read or
reply to mail.
- Web sites that force me to be hostage to proprietary
software that I don't control, don't trust, different for
each company, upgraded to new version Not when it suits
me & not when I have time to learn, just upgraded
when it suits them ! ... Their software that would
control & constrain how & if I read, reply,
encrypt (Hah, As If!) & Secure (HAH! Even bigger
joke!) My personal data & contact lists that they
want to access to harvest & traffic analyse.