G7 Bloat In Munich
Starts week before Sun 7 & Mon 8th June 2015.
remove cars parked under ring road on Donners- berger
bridge. (Maybe scared of bombs ?, more likely also a good
place to station a load of emergency vehicles that can
race in 4 directions ?)
BLOAT ! Entourage of
7000 "Outreacher" aka Hangers On !!
- 1,000 advisers, body guards & hangers- on, per
head round the G7 table ! 7,000 bloated visitors, paid by
tax payers of course.
For G7 centre a small luxury hotel 150 Km distant in
Schloss Elmau by the Alps,
In Elmau 2, 82493 Krün, Deutschland
Address nobbled so "Keine Routen gefunden" with
google.com/maps/ as it searches with In Elmau
12 But if manually corrected to In Elmau 2,
82493 Krün, Deutschland
google maps shows route as 1hr 25 mins in light
openstreetmap.org ESE of Garmisch-P. WNW of
Mitten-wald. South of E533
- The rest of the 7,000 bedded in Munich,
- Munich being on main route between mountain hotel
& airport, the police will close the auto bahn to
Garmisch if bad helicopter flying weather!
- Putting the real G7 in the business hotels next to
the airport would have been better, with a field of tents
to discourage the superfluous extra bloat.
(A tent was good enough for ex head of state Gadaffi in
Libya; so good enough for 7,000 free loaders who will
burden tax payers at vast cost!
- Munich expects maybe 35,000 demonstrators etc.
- Probably Munich will be on International TV new this
weekend, maybe if unlucky, aka previous G7 Ottawa
violence (hope not!), but there's as many issues to
protest as ever, inc. eg
TTIP + Bono (a musician) is coming (for a linked world hunger
- Doubtless lots of recreational demonstrators also
heading in to drink & socialise this long holiday
weekend (Thursday a state holiday, Friday a bridging/
window day many locals take off too).
- Demonstrators: Some near Elmau in 2 groups, probably
many will route through/ to/ from Munich.
- Munich's also got its other holiday events, eg
traditional religious Pfingsten
(= Pentecost =
Easter +49 days) & Fronleichnam
( = Corpus
Christi ) procession as well as anti G7 demo on
Thursday: streets will be busy.
- I guess hospital emergency admission rooms will be
gearing up, weather forecast is
a long hot spell near 30C all week, (maybe demos are less
volatile when demonstrators & police are steadily
rained on, not sun broiled ?)
- Munich city & autobahn travel will be best
- An enormous bloated waste of money,
- Yes they need to meet periodicly, but
- No they don't need to bring a thousand hangers on per
head round the table.
- No they shouldn't disrupt a city of 1.5 million
- Yes they should meet near an airport !
- No they shouldn't waste 50 to 100
million plus Euro tax payers' money.
Links - Translation engines